Monday, August 24, 2009

The first month of Emily




Emily has been a great baby. She continues to want to sleep 5-6 hours at night between feedings and usually goes right back to sleep for another 3-4. I think her sleep patterns save me from being insane. At 3 weeks and 5 days, I got her to smile for the first time out of being happy, not just gas. She's starting to lose that dark hair she was born with, and I'm interested to see what grows in. Her eyes are blue and I'm sure they'll be staying that way.




The only thing that sucks so far was my ability to nurse her. I just never produced enough, and it's daily fight just to even get a half ounce of my milk to her, for the sake of anti-bodies and all that good stuff. I don't know why it never came in, but I guess similac is good enough!




She's so lean that she doesn't fit into many of her cute outfits, just onesies, but I'm getting her pictures taken Friday, so I'll have to find something cute to put her in. She loves to sleep in her bassinette but hates her crib at this point, I think she senses that it's just too big for her!




So that's my first month!


Cari

No comments:

Post a Comment