Friday, October 11, 2013

Time Flies! Update on Life, the New House and Me - the New Quad City Face Painter

Nothing new to report, except we FINALLY moved. Sold the house 30 days from the listing date and bought another one. We officially moved into our new home at the end of May, 2013.

It needs some updating, well cared for -- but the style is very WALLPAPERED. I prefer paint. It's a slow process.

I've been continuing to grow my face painting business here in the Quad Cities and it's booming, to the point where I have to turn people away, which is terribly sad.....I hate doing that, but I'm just a "one woman gig." I will have to find a helper to train and help me get through long lines and handle multiple gigs in one day.

I did create a website, I settled on the name QC Painted Faces. It was the Facebook name I had for the page a few years ago when I made it, and just decided to let it stick. I figured, I live in the Quad Cities, and I'm a face painter....why not!?

I've met other great face and body artists, balloon twisters, clowns, magicians...etc. It's really a fun atmosphere, and great to be involved with people like this. I guess my brother was right when he said Mom and Dad bought me from the circus.

My website is www.QCPaintedFaces.com. I do face painting in Bettendorf, Davenport, Moline..etc, but I have been traveling a bit further. It just really depends on the day/compensation. =)  It's fun though, and I enjoy doing it.

I'll post more house pictures once I actually get something done. The place reminds me of an overdecorated hotel right now.

Emmy is great, loves school and Kyle continues his hard work ethic. Business as usual!
The Cooneys.
This was our Moving Announcement ---yes that big mural in the background is WALLPAPER. It's some sort of Japanese Garden thing, not really sure. I like it though!

No comments:

Post a Comment