Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Starting Preschool

Emily started preschool last week. She was all about it, but now she is in tears at the thought of going. Assuming it's just a phase, I am just taking it one day at a time. But I can understand her feelings. She basically runs the place here. She doesn't have to share her toys and has her own schedule. She says her teachers are scary and the place is too noisy. If she doesn't like preschool---she's going to have quite an interesting k-12 career. This too shall pass I suppose.

Kyle is still working a lot, as am I. Emily turned 3 in July and the very next day I decided to potty train her once and for all. I basically just said "no more diapers." Strangely, it worked.

I have been doing a lot of face painting gigs at various events all over the Quad Cities, very fun! I look forward to expanding my client base and getting more private parties. These big shows leave me exhausted; long lines seem to never get smaller. Plus, I hate that I have to turn kids away at the end, but after 3 hours of kid after kid getting Spiderman or Butterflies on their face, I wear down.

Well, I don't get paid for writing my blog, so it's back to work I go!
Cari

No comments:

Post a Comment