Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Busy Busy Busy


Emily's second birthday is less than a month away. These last 2 years really flew by. Kyle has been out of town a lot lately because of his new job. Emily has really missed her Daddy.

With Kyle working almost 60 hours a week, I've had to make decisions regarding my job(s). His company at first said they had no problem with me being a birth doula and that they would accomodate my on-call schedule, letting Kyle make up hours on Saturdays. However, they are not accomdating in the least and I am no longer able to attend births. It's been pretty upsetting, but I realize his job is the bread-winner. There is pretty much no-flexibility in his hours and they send him off on week long trips with a few hours notice. In reality, I hate this job. They keep him away from his family a lot....they call on Sundays to bother him when he spent the past 6 days at work. He misses dinners, appointments and vacation days that were scheduled ahead of time are forced to be cancelled. But, I have high hopes that once they hire more engineers, his schedule will become more reasonable. If I got a chance to sit down with their CEO, I would remind him about the importance of family. People work to live...not live to work. All of this hard work...to keep America's coffee cups full. =(

However, I have decided with as much stress and Kyle is under, I don't want to place any more on him. He is pretty much drained when he gets home, so I took the liberty of taking up his chores to ease his to-do list. I even cut back on my writing work to make more time to handle house things. I can always get more clients when Emily becomes more independent. As for being a doula, I'm still prenatal and post partum, so I'm glad to still be a part of the group.

It's not ideal right now, but we're working on it. We just wish Kyle could be home more, but glad he's found a job where he feels he gets to use his skills.

I've planned Emily's birthday party. She's going to have an Eebee theme. If you have young children under 3 and have never heard of Eebee, check it out!! We're still planning to move within 2 years. We're going to wait out the winter months and list our house in Spring of 2013...maybe Fall of 2012, but we'll see. We still have some things we want to do to the condo. I hate the thought of packing up...maybe I'll just hire movers!

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry that his job is working him so hard. I am thankful he has a job- but wish they would be a little more flexible! Emily is getting more adorable every day =) You are so lucky!!!! Take care, and I cant WAIT to see you next month!

    ReplyDelete